I love to Inspire those around me, we need to not only think about our physical needs, but mental needs too. Here is something I found from Mentality WOD about Enjoying your training more…
6 Reasons You’re Not Enjoying Your Training
Do you dread your workouts? Are you feeling like it’s just “not fun” anymore? Are you simply not enjoying yourself when you’re at the gym?
First off, I’m definitely not suggesting that every day is going to be a fucking blast. You’re going to have days that feel like a grind, and that you don’t want to be there. Each training session is not going to be 100% enjoyable.
But, if you’re really not looking forward to your training and not enjoying yourself while you’re there MOST of the time, then something is up.
- If you don’t enjoy it, it’s going to be incredibly challenging to stick with it as a lasting habit.
- If you’re dragging through training, you’re definitely not going to be giving the type of effort and intensity that you could be.
1. Your attitude. Are you constantly bitching, complaining, moping or talking down to yourself while you’re at the gym?
2. Your environment and the people around you. Are the people around you dragging you down with their attitudes? Is there a ton of drama and gossip going on around you?
3. Your training plan. Are you dragging through a plan that you don’t feel is working for you? Do you dislike every part of your workout?
4. Your coach(es). Does your coach ignore you or make you feel discouraged? Do you think that relationship could be better?
5. Your life stress. Are you feeling overwhelmed as hell? Are there some personal things going on that are taking a lot of your emotional-energy?
6. The grind. Are you over-training? Have you been taking breaks to become restored and rejuvenated?
If you can’t change anything, you can change your mindset…and you can always step away to reassess.
Is it time for you to make a change? Read this one to prepare yourself.
What could you do a little differently today, or this week to try to enjoy your training more? Read this one for more.
Could you use a break, or a change of pace?