Amazing Spanish-style quinoa stuffed peppers made with just 10 ingredients! Simple, flavorful, full of protein and fiber and entirely vegan and gluten free!
Author: Minimalist Baker Recipe
Mexican, Vegan, Gluten Free
Quinoa or rice, thoroughly rinsed and drained
2 cups vegetable stock
4 large red, yellow or orange bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving 1 Tbsp
(4 g) nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tsp cumin powder
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained (if unsalted, add 1/4 tsp sea salt)
1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
TOPPINGS optional: 1 ripe avocado, sliced fresh lime juice, hot sauce , cilantro, chopped diced red onion, your favorite salsa
- Add quinoa and vegetable stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy – about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush halved peppers with a neutral, high heat oil, such as grape seed, avocado or refined coconut.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients – salsa through corn. Mix to thoroughly combine then taste and adjust seasonings accordingly, adding salt, pepper, or more spices as desired.
- Generously stuff halved peppers with quinoa mixture until all peppers are full, then cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove foil, increase heat to 400 degrees F, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until peppers are soft and slightly golden brown. For softer peppers, bake 5-10 minutes more.
- Serve with desired toppings (listed above) or as is. Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in a 350 degree oven until warmed through – about 20 minutes.
from minimalist baker
Subscribe to MyInspireWear
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at MyInspireWear. Subscribe below.